Fall is here… cooler weather, leaves falling, and holiday preparations begin to take control of our thinking and schedules. So how can you remodel your home before the holidays and still have some money to spend on the holidays?
Everyone is still talking about the economy and the housing market….so it’s wise to make smart choices when remodeling and renovating your house. The following are our top 5 remodeling projects that add value to your home without breaking the bank!
1. Bathroom remodel: Everyone spends time in their bathroom, whether to relax in the bathtub or shower, or simply to get ready to go to work or play! So why not update and remodel the space for you to enjoy. Making smart choices with tile, vanities, and finishes can be done without spending countless amounts of money. Money Saving tip: Why not re-face your vanity with new doors and simply change out the vanity top for quartz, granite, or marble?
2. Front Entry Door: Want to change the look of the front of your house quickly and affordably, then a front entry door is the way to go. Choose from steel, fiberglass, or wood…Whether simple, elegant iron detailing, or craftsman style, you can redefine your home’s style instantly!
3. Exterior Custom Shutters: Does your existing home have outdated, faded, vinyl shutters? Well instantly update, upgrade, and transform the front of your home’s exterior with custom exterior shutters at an affordable price. Built with cedar or composite material, beautiful shutters can be painted or stained in any color.
4. Great Room/Living Room Conversion: Does your home have a second story living room or great room? Why not close off the empty space into a bonus room or room of your choice? This project will efficiently add square footage to your home. Do you need some more space for the kids to play? Or maybe a home office with some french doors? Money Saving Tip: This project has shown to be one of the best values for your dollar spent!
5. Interior Remodels & Fireplaces: Are you getting ready for those holiday parties? Then it’s time to spruce up the interior of your home while also increasing it’s efficiency and style! Add some custom built-in cabinetry to help organize your space, add a gas fireplace to help offset some heating costs, or dress up your home with custom beadboard and crown moulding in the dining or living rooms. You can completely transform the interior of your home with trim, columns, a coffered ceiling and color!
Kolby Construction is the Charlotte areas premier home remodeling and home renovation contractor! We would love the opportunity to assist you will any of your upcoming home improvement or home maintenance projects. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation visit us at
Licensed General Contractors
Renovate | Remodel | Maintain